Monday, March 7, 2011

So what do I do NOW?

For three years I have been a part of the Children's Worship program at Littleton. At some nebulous point I went from team member to team leader. It became "mine" simply because I was willing. My boys needed a place to belong and be excited about coming to church. So I stepped up. It evolved over time, changing with each new "Children's" Minister we had. It didn't suit all children and it didn't suit all parents, but it was the very best we could make it. It served a small/short congregation of 60 each week. We had a strong, dedicated team. It used all my skills. By the end I thought it was excellent.

Three years, to the day.

It's not mine anymore. We hired a Children's Minister and quite suddenly I am relieved of all my duties. As is appropriate, she is building her program as she wants it. I believe she will do a good job, even though it is different than what I would do.

So what am I supposed to do now? When the thing you were doing, the thing you felt called to do is no longer needed, what do you do next? How do you re-find purpose? I am a do-er by nature and abruptly I find myself with nothing to do. Lord, I am listening. What am I to do next?

Those kids that always acted up and gave me trouble?

I miss them. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment