Thursday, February 10, 2011

Birthday season

All the boys were born between February 5th and April 23, so this time of year marks the beginning of birthday season at the Barton house!



And while we LOVE birthdays (at least the young peeps do), I'm starting to wish they could just stay small. I know, I know, experienced parents say it just gets better, but I don't want them to start being interested in girls and school dances. Right now I am still their best girl.

I remember turning 8. We had just moved to Jackson, MI and I was in a new school only a couple days before my birthday. My poor mom, she was busy trying to get her house unpacked and functional, and yet I expected her to bring a snack to school. She brought boxes of raisins. Somehow I managed to make friends there anyway. :)

So exactly how did I manage to go from being eight, to my middle son being eight? Its so bewildering to ponder that I will be forty this year and those gray hairs are only going to multiply. I don't feel so old (yet). But considering that Tyler will be in middle school this fall, I guess I must be old!

I guess the thing for me to dwell on is that I need to live NOW. In this moment, when I am not yet old and I am still my boy's best girl. I am one to anticipate and prepare for what is next, but in this instance I need to

JUST BE

and not let any day slip by unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment